- Discovery Education -- Contact Ms. Bianco for access code
Discovery Education streaming is a digital video-based learning resource from Discovery Education. With streaming video, educators gain on-demand access to 50,000 content-specific segments from 5,000 full-length educational videos.
- Kappa Delta Pi: International Honor Society in Education: Teacher Resources
KDP-recommended web sites, books, journals, and articles on hot topics in education
- Smithsonian Education -- Resources for Educators! Lesson plans, online activities, field trip planning and more.
- Discovery Education: Explore the Blue -- Explore the Blue has a variety of K-5 resources designed to inspire students to get outside and become a future conservationist, from standards-aligned cross-curricular lesson plans and streaming video to a U.S. Habitat Map.
- International Reading Association: ReadWriteThink -- standards-based lesson plans and reviewed Web resources for K-8 educators and students.
- National Geographic Education: Teacher Homepage
- Science NetLinks - Resources for Teaching Science
- Council of Economic Education: EconEdLink - Economics & Personal Finance Resources for K-12
- Literacy Network - Thinkfinity Literacy Network delivers free, top-quality online educational resources for literacy instruction and lifelong learning for adults and family literacy programs. The content on TLN strengthens literacy development, creativity and critical thinking skills for success in the 21st Century.
- The Kennedy Center: Arts Edge: Connect, Create: Educators
- Smithsonian's History Explorer - Your gateway to innovative, standards-based online resources for teaching and learning American history, designed and developed by the National Museum of American History.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Illuminations - Resources for Teaching Math
- National Endowment for the Humanities: EDSITEment! - Explore lesson plans by subject: Art & Culture, Foreign Language, History & Social Studies, and Literature & Language Arts
- Thinkfinity Teacher Resources -- contains more than 55,000 authoritative educational and literacy resources for teachers, students and community programs including standards-based K-12 lesson plans, student materials, interactive tools and web sites.
- Wonderopolis: Camp What-A-Wonder: Wonder of the Day - Create. Laugh. Imagine. Explore. Learn. Smile. Grow. Wonderopolis is a place where wonder and learning are nurtured through the power of discovery, creativity and imagination.
- The Learning Network: Grades 3-12 (The New York Times) -- This URL connects to the archive of daily lesson plans posted over the past two years at the New York Times Learning Network.
- Starfall.com -- a free public service to motivate children to read with phonics. Our systematic phonics approach, in conjunction with phonemic awareness practice is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL).
- GlobalSchoolNet.org -- Provides online opportunities for teachers to collaborate, communicate, and celebrate shared learning experiences.
- Discovery School -- Free teachers resources from Discovery Education
- Scholastic (children's publishing, education and media company) -- lesson plans, online activities, teaching strategies
- TeachersFirst -- A collection of lessons and web resources for K-12 classroom teachers, their students, and families. Materials are arranged by subject area and grade level.
Other links to explore:
- Musicals101.com -- Grades 7 - 12 Widely recognized as an expect on musical theater, Musicals 101.com creator John Kenrick was a producer and manager on Braodway in the 1980s and 1990s.
- AASL (American Association of School Librarians) 2011 Conference: Get Reading @ Your Library: Promote Reading without Competition, Extrinsic Rewards or Prizes
Teachers and interns contact Ms. Herward to share your favorite lesson plan sites.
Created by Linda Herward October 12, 2011
Contact Benoni Outerbridge at email