- Smithsonian Education -- Resources for Educators! Lesson plans, online activities, field trip planning and more.
- International Reading Association: ReadWriteThink -- standards-based lesson plans and reviewed Web resources for K-8 educators and students.
- National Geographic Education: Teacher Homepage
- Science NetLinks - Resources for Teaching Science
- Council of Economic Education: EconEdLink - Economics & Personal Finance Resources for K-12
- Literacy Network - Thinkfinity Literacy Network delivers free, top-quality online educational resources for literacy instruction and lifelong learning for adults and family literacy programs. The content on TLN strengthens literacy development, creativity and critical thinking skills for success in the 21st Century.
- The Kennedy Center: Arts Edge: Connect, Create: Educators
- Smithsonian's History Explorer - Your gateway to innovative, standards-based online resources for teaching and learning American history, designed and developed by the National Museum of American History.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Illuminations - Resources for Teaching Math
- National Endowment for the Humanities: EDSITEment! - Explore lesson plans by subject: Art & Culture, Foreign Language, History & Social Studies, and Literature & Language Arts
- Wonderopolis: Camp What-A-Wonder: Wonder of the Day - Create. Laugh. Imagine. Explore. Learn. Smile. Grow. Wonderopolis is a place where wonder and learning are nurtured through the power of discovery, creativity and imagination.
- The Learning Network: Grades 3-12 (The New York Times) -- This URL connects to the archive of daily lesson plans posted over the past two years at the New York Times Learning Network.
- Starfall.com -- a free public service to motivate children to read with phonics. Our systematic phonics approach, in conjunction with phonemic awareness practice is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL).
- GlobalSchoolNet.org -- Provides online opportunities for teachers to collaborate, communicate, and celebrate shared learning experiences.
- Scholastic (children's publishing, education and media company) -- lesson plans, online activities, teaching strategies
- TeachersFirst -- A collection of lessons and web resources for K-12 classroom teachers, their students, and families. Materials are arranged by subject area and grade level.
Other links to explore:
- Musicals101.com -- Grades 7 - 12 Widely recognized as an expect on musical theater, Musicals 101.com creator John Kenrick was a producer and manager on Braodway in the 1980s and 1990s.
- AASL (American Association of School Librarians) 2011 Conference: Get Reading @ Your Library: Promote Reading without Competition, Extrinsic Rewards or Prizes
Created by Linda Herward October 12, 2011
Contact Benoni Outerbridge at email